Friday, August 28, 2009

Enchanting...

Hello again...it's the long lost blogger who fails to blog.  I figure if I do short blog bursts rather than long diatribes, I will blog more.

I'm currently in the New Mexico - the "Land of Enchantment" - teaching a 5-day GIS class to introductory level students.  The class goes great with a lot of "ah-hah" moments being witnessed as well as "1000-yard stares" starting to develop after 5 days of GIS lectures/exercises.  It's to be expected...

The PLUS side of my business trip is that I've been able to spend a total of 7-days visiting Karen and Ethan.  Feels more normal to be around one's companion rather than long distance phone calls several times a week.  We've enjoyed our "family" time with Bakugan brawls, Transformer cartoons, marathon Uno games, hikes to Jemez Warm Springs, and pizza!  Karen and I have enjoyed some together time as well with our dinner dates while Ethan is with his father.

I leave for Colorocky in about 5 hours - it will be nice to be home too to see Tsali the "wondercat" who's probably abandoned me after being gone for 1 week.  Then in a short 14 hours from now, I'm awake, geared up and heading to my "make-up" route finding day for Basic Mountaineering School.  Saturday will be a day of hiking, rock climbing and rappeling...more to follow...

Climb On!

No comments: