Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...


Yep, Bugs Bunny had an influence on any kid growing up in the 1970's.  For some reason, the Albuquerque of Bugs Bunny lore looks nothing like the Albuquerque of reality...hmmm... 

Well, fortunately work has taken me once again to ABQ to teach a 2-day "Creating and Editing Parcels using ArcGIS Desktop" class.  I have a total of 5 eager students who are very engaged with the software, workflow, and how it can assist them in their respective organizations.

And I get to visit Karen for a few days as well.  In a reversal of roles, I plan to pick her up at the ABQ airport this evening after she and Ethan's trip to NC to visit family and friends.  I flew into ABQ yesterday (delayed flight AGAIN with United...) and had a great dinner/brews at Chama River Brewing Company.  The IPA and Pumpkin Spice Ales were great as was the Buffalo meatloaf.  Drove over to Karen's house to settle in for the night - weird being there by myself but that will change in a few hours.  Plan to stay the weekend for "family" time and then back to Denver and another busy week - in Oklahoma City for 2 days, teaching an informal class for ITT-VIS and studying fast/furious for my upcoming SDE class the following week after next.  Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't seem to have good luck with United. I always like looking at your beautiful pictures. Glad you were able to spend time with your sweetheart.